February 11, 2014
There are few essential oils as versatile and sustainable as Lemon. To understand lemon essential oil better here's a few facts: the essential oil of Lemon is cold pressed from the rind contrary to the belief that the oil comes from the fruit itself. A veritable boatload of Lemons 1,500 to be exact, are needed to produce one pound of essential oil and, did you know diffusing Lemon can bring clarity of mind while purifying the air in the room? Lemon is an excellent oil to lift the spirits of those with S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder) by diffusing or simply inhaling the bright aroma. One of the best-loved attributes of CW Lemon essential oil is its affordability! One bottle can tackle moods, purify air, kill mold, degrease, remove warts, callouses, and corns, purify water, stop a runny nose...all this, naturally and the list goes on and on! I call that V A L U E. The only caution I will advise you of is phototoxicity which means, it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. If you've just applied Lemon to your skin in a cleanser or moisturizer or as an antiseptic, stay out direct sunlight for 8 hours.
1. Soothe a sore throat: In a mug of very warm water add 2 to 3 drops CW Immunity Impact protective blend, 1 drop Lemon and 1 teaspoon Manuka honey or, raw honey, sip it slowly and let the oils and honey calm your throat. This is safe for children too.
2. Cold Sores & Fever Blisters: Get a fingertip wet with Lemon and dab the breakout. Apply 2 to 3x daily, use a little coconut oil if the undiluted Lemon oil stings. Always wash your hands well after each application.
3. Acne: What works well for cold sores will work well for breakouts too, apply Lemon as above.
4. Turn off the faucet of a runny nose: Use a little carrier oil and a drop of Lemon in the palm of your hand. Get your fingertip wet and swipe each side of your nose. FYI: remember your skin will be more sensitive to the sun if you go outside.
5. Callouses, corns, and warts: Apply a drop of Lemon undiluted, twice a day until they go away.
6. Varicose Veins: Apply a drop of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation. Tip: Try dry brushing over varicose veins prone areas to clear away dead skin and open up pores for better circulation.
7. Canker Sores: Add a drop of Lemon to a shot glass of water and swish in mouth for several minutes to alleviate any kind of mouth ulcers.
8. Detox: I use pure Lemon oil several days a week by adding 2 drops to my stainless steel or glass water bottle (avoid plastic). Doing so allows for a gentle kind of detox and water just tastes better. If you're looking for a real treat, add 2 drops to a small bottle of Sparkling Water for that soda pop burn!
9. Did you have fish for dinner?: Lucky you but, what about that odor in your house? Diffuse Lemon to rid your home of all those not so great kitchen smells. It works!
10. Drunken Lemon Lavender Home Spray: Fill a glass (preferably) bottle with water, add 1 tablespoon cheap vodka (to emulsify the oils) and 10 drops each Lemon and Lavender. Lovely!! Not only does the addition of vodka sweeten the fragrance it also emulsifies the oils with the water so you're not constantly shaking up the contents.
11. Wood Furniture Restoration: Add 2 or 3 drops of Lemon to a soft rag along with some mineral oil to wipe and condition your wood.
12. Clean Your Cell Phone, Countertops, Kitchen and Bathroom: I love to make these reusable cleaning wipes, you can use them everywhere! Here's how easy it is: Fill a large bowl with very warm water, add 2 tablespoons Dr. Bronners Castile Soap, 1 teaspoon borax, 1/2 cup white vinegar and 10 drops each Lemon and Lavender. Add a large pile of clean rags to the water and wring the water out of each one. Start making a stack of rags in a large canning jar of container of your choice.
13. Brighten and Deodorize Your Whites: I like to add 2 drops of Lemon to a scoop of oxygenated bleach for every load of whites washed in hot water.
14. DIY Fabric Softener: Add 50 drops of Lemon to 2 cups of epsom salt and stir in, store in glass canning jar. Add a 1/4 cup of the Lemony epsom salts to every load for naturally softer laundry!
15. Produce Wash: Add 6 drops Lemon to 1 cup hydrogen peroxide...fill glass spray bottle. Spritz non-organic produce thoroughly, wipe and rinse. If you're anything like me, I love a natural alternative to just about anything. Lemon does it for me and I'm still discovering new ways to use it! Enjoy your bottle of liquid sunshine!
November 30, 2021
October 13, 2021
September 28, 2021