Beard Conditioning Elixir
February 08, 20149 Comments
Have you noticed that beards are in? Maybe it's an Out West trend but all the men in my life now have facial hair, some more than others. Valentines Day is right around the corner, it's the perfect time of the year to grace the face of your guy and his masterpiece with a healthy elixir of essential oils.
After researching the challenges of growing a beard it seems that winter breakage is a seasonal problem. This cracked me up even though I'm sure it's not a laughing matter. Dryness is another concern, well no worries that's an easy one to take care of. Proper conditioning with natural, moisturizing ingredients is all that needed for most woes of the beard.
This is what I put together for my youngest son Tyler, he has a full beard which reminds me of my age every time I see it argh! There's something so wrong about the baby of the family growing beard?! Anyway, I asked Tyler about winter breakage and got a blank stare in return...he wouldn't worry about that however, he was all for a nice smelling conditioner!
- 8 drops [url href="https://campwander.com/product/patchouli/" target="_blank"]Patchouli[/url]
- 8 drops [url href="https://campwander.com/product/grapefruit/" target="_blank"]Grapefruit[/url]
- 6 drops [url href="https://campwander.com/product/lavender/" target="_blank"]Lavender[/url]
- 2 drops [url href="https://campwander.com/product/grapefruit/" target="_blank"]Geranium[/url]
- 2 drops Sandalwood
- Sweet Almond Oil
- One 10ml glass dropper bottle needed.
- Add essential oils, filling the remainder of the bottle with almond oil. It's helpful to let the blend settle for a day allowing the different notes of the oils to meld together.
- Application: Add 2 to 3 drops to palm of hand, rub palms together and smooth over entire beard working the oils into the beard and moisturizing skin. The elixir works to condition and smooth beard, apply as needed.
FYI for beard growers: all of the essential oils in the elixir are beneficial for growth too! Conditioning in the early stages will help bring on a healthy, shiny growth.
If you recall some of my previous posts, I love Patchouli for it's conditioning and clarifying properties. I add 2 drops of Patchouli to my conditioner after every shampoo. It's wonderful for acne prone conditions, eczema, inflammation and cracked, chapped, irritated skin. It also can alleviate dandruff and balance oiliness. Your guy will be pleased to know Patchouli has aphrodisiac properties and, it can improve cognitive function. Don't worry, the fragrance of Patchouli does not stand out in this blend...I know some of you aren't fans of it's distinct fragrance!
Why LAVENDER & GRAPEFRUIT?
Together Lavender and Grapefruit essential oils will soothe and tone skin. Beard owners experience first hand the irritation and breakouts from an overabundance of trapped oil and, the dryness that cold weather brings (remember that winter breakage we talked about?).
Geranium essential oil can strengthen hair, it's also deodorizing. Geranium oil is well known for it's uplifting aroma, a certain attractant :)
Why SWEET ALMOND OIL?
Sweet Almond Oil soothes and is my favorite choice for it's very light and the skin absorbs it quickly.
Have fun putting your awesome essential oils to use once again - conditioning and smoothing beards of the ones you love. Boo winter breakage!!
See the entire collection of Camp Wander Essential Oils, Salves, Serums and more HERE and, enjoy FREE shipping in the USA, no minimums!