Cinnamon Bark essential oil is trendy as well as powerful. Spike your coffee and spice up your health with Cinnamon! This is one essential oil I use daily because it's a powerful anti-oxidant, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and more - check out some of the medicinal benefits!
- Levels blood sugar (helps me sleep more soundly). Cinnamon Bark is a key oil in my Dreamy Sleep Salve.
- Reduces LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while stabilizing HDL (good cholesterol) decreasing chance of heart disease.
- Pain reliever with a warming quality. See Once a Month menstrual relief blend.
- Improves blood circulation, is considered to be a blood purifier as well.
"Cinnamomum zeylanicum also significantly improved metabolic derangements associated with insulin resistance. It also showed beneficial effects against diabetic neuropathy and nephropathy, with no significant toxic effects on liver and kidney and a significantly high therapeutic window." (see clinical study)
To fully understand the scope of a Cinnamon life I highly recommend reading this PubMed article:
The EO Life is about finding ways to blend essential oils into your daily routine. Here's a few tricks I use to get a little Cinnamon in my life everyday:
- Coffee! First of all, you need to emulsify this essential oil because it's a hot one on its own. My trick - add 2 drops to one cup of 1/2 & 1/2 to create a cinnamon flavored creamer. Store in the refrigerator and add a dash to your coffee YUM. FYI - milk does a brilliant job of emulsifying essential oils.
- Oatmeal! Add 1 drop of Cinnamon to your bowl of oatmeal. Better yet, chop up an apple and add a spoonful of coconut oil for a superior start to your day.
- Toothpaste! Morning and night - I'm a lifetime fan of my own "improved" toothpaste and it's incredibly easy to make! Just add 3 key essential oils including Cinnamon Bark to a store brand natural toothpaste. I bet you'll notice improved oral health if you give it a try! See recipe HERE.
- Cinnamon toothpicks are a favorite - just soak a few good quality toothpicks in Cinnamon oil.
- Sore throat? Gargle with one drop each Cinnamon and Lime essential oils in water.
See more Camp Wander Essential Oils, Salves, Serums and more HERE. Enjoy FREE shipping in the USA, no minimums.