If you've discovered essential oils and/or Camp Wander, you know that essential oils blended in this proprietary, pure salve base is a pretty big deal here. CW Naked Salve reigns supreme as the carrier base that protects the skin, supports absorption and has the ability to become any blend or single essential oil salve you can dream up! Here's a few pro tips to show you how easy and smart it is to work with. First and foremost, the recipe! The original CW Naked Salve blog post will tell you all you need to know and includes a recipe card. I depend on CW Naked Salve because it's free from the chains that bind, free to be whatever I need it to be, free to stand on it’s own merit and free of self defeating chemicals. I want you wrap your head around it's versatility because it's uses are endless. The pros see beyond a brilliant carrier oil, they see a simple, nutrient packed base for their most used EO blends and favorite single EOs creating a "built in" carrier oil. The process is easy, all you need is a warm oven and a flat oven safe surface like a plate or casserole dish and your favorite essential oil blend or single of course. I make lots of CW Lavender Thieves Immunity Salve to share with family and friends, this blend is a CW favorite. As a pros often do, I'm saving time by repurposing my therapeutic CW Lavender Thieves Diffuser Blend to make Immunity Salve for the grands, it's a great daily boost for our littles and me too! I apply the bottoms of my feet and in my navel most mornings and, it's a pretty darn good natural deodorant in a pinch too.
Let's do this.Super Important! CW Salve pros know that water and salve do not play nice together. If even a small amount of water gets into your salve you run the risk of mold developing. For this reason, reheating should always be done in a warm oven, not in a warm water bath. Pros also use glass jars rather than plastic for the purpose of simple reheating and, essential oil protection and longevity. In the photo above you see a gently warmed jar of CW Naked Salve ready for one of my favorite blends, Lavender Thieves (recipe).
- Preheat oven to 200 or warm setting. Place jar on an oven safe flat surface and heat for approximately 10 minutes or until salve has returned to a liquid state.
- Add 25 drops CW Lavender Thieves Blend per 1 ounce glass jar, stir the oils in gently with a clean stainless or glass utensil...in my case, this butter knife does the trick just fine.
- If you're making your own version of CW's Salve Singles, a potent therapeutic essential oil salve with protective skin sensitivity properties. Add 25 drops essential oil per 1 oz jar. You'll love the way the strong aroma of essential oils is softened in this salve base. You'll also love that you don't have to worry about spillage, measuring or diluting. I have completely changed the way I use essential oils.
- Let cool, cover with a clean tea towel.
- Label jar with a waterproof label if possible to keep it smudge proof.
Before I close this post, I leave you with this reminder - your salves are only as powerful and effective as the quality of ingredients that you use. Keep in mind, there are many levels of "organic" products on the market. Pros do their research. Of course, you can follow my links to preferred products, but always shop for organic, gmo tested, unrefined (least amount of processing) when shopping for coconut oil etc. Find the purest beeswax you can, look for un-uniform pieces vs perfectly formed pastilles for your salves, your beeswax should smell fragrant not smoky, quality matters!