If you experienced a chicken pox outbreak as a child or later in life chances are good that the same virus is still in your nervous system, lying dormant. If your immune system didn't completely kill off the varicella-zoster virus back then, the right conditions can allow the dormant virus to travel along the nerve pathways to the skin's surface. Symptoms usually begin with an itch, tingling sensation or a stabbing pain, usually on the left or right side of torso or face. After a few days, a rash of fluid filled blisters appears that will eventually dry out and crust like chicken pox but this can take 2 to 3 weeks. Keep this information and reference ready it may provide quick relief and, shorten the duration of discomfort should the unwelcome occasion arise. For what it's worth, I'd take 2 minutes to write these blends down, it could save you or someone you love many miserable hours. FYI - A person with blisters can infect anyone who has NOT had chickenpox. If exposed, that person will come down with chicken pox, not shingles.
If you have your own collection of high quality therapeutic essential oils and prefer to make your own products - I provide the recipe HERE. If you prefer I do the work for you, you'll find both Camp Wander Nerve Pain & Block Essential Oil Blend AND Nerve Pain & Block Salve Blend HERE.This is an EO blend to keep for emergency nerve pain relief in place of over the counter NSAID pain relievers and prescription pain meds that can end up doing more damage than good. Why not give a naturally powerful pain remedy a go. No side effects, no addictive properties, no nonsense.
- Helichrysum - one essential oil that outshines all the others for nerve pain whether it be a wound or a pinched nerve. I‘ve used Helichrysum neat (undiluted) and in blends many times as a healer and for nerve pain and it’s never let me down.
- Black Pepper - extra strength nerve pain relief I like to combine it with pure because it’s warming, stimulating and improves circulation especially when it’s COLD outside and symptoms are aggravated the most. It’s also effective in removing toxins like uric acid from the blood, thereby benefiting people suffering from chronic rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.
- Birch - also add pure essential oil too for it’s very potent pain relieving properties and because it stimulates the circulatory system, Birch is also helpful in giving relief of symptoms associated with improper circulation such as edema (swelling), rheumatism, and arthritis. The detoxifying property of birch oil also aids in this, as it removes toxins from the body which can be the root causes of these circulatory diseases.
- Clove Bud essential oil is analgesic with flavonoids, which are anti-inflammatory agents. That anti-inflammatory quality will ease the inflammation or tension. For the same reason, clove oil is used as a pain reliever on other parts of the body, like joints and overworked muscles, relieving painful inflammation or swelling.
- Nerve Pain & Block Salve - Apply topically as needed for pain, just enough to cover inflamed area. The Salve Blend is the most user friendly application because there's no need to dilute with a carrier oil.
- Nerve Pain & Block EO Blend - 1 to 2 drops with carrier oil, apply topically as needed. When using the essential oil blend, dilute it with CW Naked Salve or your preferred carrier oil. NOTE: This essential oil blend can also be used in an oil pulling application for tooth pain caused by nerve sensitivities.
OPTION #2It’s no secret that Frankincense is a well known inflammation fighter but did you know that Copaiba may be even more powerful?
- Copaiba - is an amazing essential oil steam distilled from a resin tapped from Copaiba trees found in Amazon rain forests in Brazil. New science shows Copaiba contains the same pain relieving compound (beta-caryophyllene) that’s found in cannabis, in fact, Helichrysum essential oil has it too (8-12%) but it’s numbers pale in comparison to Copaiba’s (68.9%). In a nutshell, Copaiba has the ability to block pain receptors from passing on pain signals to the body, quite quickly I might add.
- Frankincense infused Dirty Salve - While Copaiba is powerful in it’s own right I like to use it with Frankincense for it’s regenerative properties and I consider it to be the perfect driver. Add 2 to 3 drops of Copaiba to a finger-ful of my Frankincense infused carrier base. What’s so unique and special about this carrier salve is that it evenly disperses the essential oils where they need to be and drives them deep, all this while nourishing and protecting your skin.