Get simple + go pure means to get conscious of what you're exposing your body to, like your daily deodorant routine. No tip toeing around this issue, throw your commercial deodorant in the trash. A daily smear of chemicals under your arms that intentionally clog pores is a habit worth reconsidering and oh so doable with an armpit detox and a little planning! Why are commercial deodorants getting such a bum rap? According to the Breast Cancer Awareness Fund, deodorants contain these ingredients that may cause cancer:
- Triclosan can affect hormones and could be linked to breast cancer.
- Phthalates are endocrine disruptors, which interfere with the body’s hormone function and also are linked to breast cancer, although the studies have only fueled controversy.
- Parabens have been found in breast cancer biopsies and are known to be absorbed into the skin. They also disrupt hormones and mimic natural estrogens, a cause of breast cancer.
Keep in mind there are dozens of lymph nodes close to the armpit and breasts that your chemical laden deodorant is touching every day.
According to the good doctor, Joseph Mercola: "Your body doesn’t naturally stink; the bacteria living in your body only react with what you “feed” them. The smell in your armpit won’t be offensive if it’s just perspiring excess minerals and healthy metabolic waste products; however, it will stink if your body is sweating toxic byproducts which come from eating meat and processed refined food." Let's face it, it's not convenient to forego deodorant, unpleasant things can happen like really stubborn B.O.
Although the heart is willing when you stink it's hard to push through and easy to give up. When that's the case, try the Arm Pit Detox it can help your body get back to its natural state of clean perspiration faster. Flush out the old bacteria and chemical residue and DIY deodorants will work better for you! To all of my friends who gave up on making the switch, please, please try again! Let's talk about the ingredients and why! I love anything with Rosemary and Lavender combined and they continue to be brilliant together in this context too. Both EOs are anti-microbial, great deodorizers!
Organic apple cider vinegar can help to balance the body's pH, and creates an overall detoxification of the body. It's not irritating like baking soda can be but has the same powerful detox properties and is a nice healer to dab on any rashes or bumps that may present themselves during the arm pit detox. Try to resist using your new natural deodorant for at least one week, two is better! Let the detox work it's magic, get those pores cleaned out and functioning properly and then begin your love affair with a healthy deodorant choice.
Armpit Detox for Optimal DIY Deodorant Performance
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Filtered water
- 4 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2-ounce spray bottle
- Add essential oils and one tablespoon of ACV to a 2 oz bottle, fill with water.
- Before going to bed, give the bottle a gentle shake and spray both armpits. Let the spray dry and get a good nights rest!
- Next day, repeat the process! You may need to wash your armpits several times during the first 2 or 3 days but that will be short-lived, you should see your body respond to the detox reasonably well after 5 days! Don't give up!
Just a few tips!
1. The length of this process will vary for everyone but like I said, don't give up! If you work away from home, take your detox spray with you and refresh during the day if you have to. This too shall pass, you can do it! 2. Take time for an Epsom salt or magnesium chloride detox foot bath at night, this too will speed the process of cleansing. 3. If you have any of the blend left over, use Arm Pit Detox Spray as a final rinse for your hair. Don't rinse it out, just enjoy the shine! Best of luck, you can do it!!
FREE Shipping in the USA