Black and Whitening Toothpaste
Just a few facts about activated charcoal -This type of charcoal is not the same as the everyday charcoal from your barbecue in the backyard, activated coconut charcoal is designed for wellness and very effective at binding to those teeth staining culprits - plaque, coffee and wine stains.
- whitens teeth
- improves gum health
- attracts stains and toxins
- totally safe and beneficial should you ingest some activated coconut charcoal while using Black and Whitening Toothpaste
You may have seen recipes online for an activated charcoal toothpaste but mine is a bit different. I go lighter on the activated coconut charcoal, blend it (carefully) with a readymade natural toothpaste and add a few drops of an essential oil like Peppermint, it's minty fresh and anti-microbial. I prefer an all in one whitening/cleaning toothpaste that's effective and affordable that I can use 2 to 3x a week. I alternate with the anti-dentist DIY Toothpaste found here.
I suggest blending up 2 oz of Black and Whitening Toothpaste at a time and storing in an empty Camp Wander Salve Jar, I prefer glass over plastic whenever possible especially when essential oils are involved. You could also use a 4 oz mason jar or even a clean baby food jar, simply adjust amounts accordingly.
Tips & Tricks to keep the splatters to a minimum -
- use Black and Whitening Toothpaste during a shower
- carefully spit toothpaste close to the drain to avoid splashing (shower or sink)
- rinse your mouth out several times, your teeth will feel SO CLEAN
- rinse toothbrush and smile at yourself in the mirror!