Even though I've shared this protocol many times on Camp Wander Facebook, I thought I should include it here on the blog too. This is an easy aromatic, antibiotic protocol to use when your sinuses are congested with infection. It's safe, effective and will make your eyes water but oh it's good to feel the sinuses open up again!
Let's talk about why this works so well...
- Pure Melaleuca breaks down the biofilm, a slimy substance that coats bacteria totally disabling prescription antibiotics from helping (antibiotic resistance).
- Oregano works hand in hand with Melaleuca, attacking the resident virus and killing it once Melaleuca has done it's job of breaking through the biofilm.
- Lemon is antiseptic and antiviral and it just makes the blend smell a little nicer.
- Peppermint opens up blood vessels to increase blood supply. This is helpful because the sinus region has very little blood flow. The extra blood flow allows the infection ("snot") to drop or slide out of the sinus cavities according to Dr. David Steuer, DMD, creator of the protocol. If you suffer from chronic sinus infections you'll want to remember this remedy. The strong aromatic properties of 100% natural compounds will open up sinus passages, provide relief and begin to heal the infection. Try it, I know many that like it!
- Pour hot water into a mug, drip 3 drops each Oregano, Melaleuca, Lemon and Peppermint into the hot water. Cup your hands around the top of the mug, lower your face down to your hands and inhale the steam deeply several times. This might make your eyes water but you'll soon feel a difference and find some relief!
Recipe By: CampWander