First and foremost, ask yourself this question: Is it a cold or the flu? Here's a helpful guide to discern between the two!
Now that you have a better idea, it's time to get to work and there's no time to waste when it comes to a strong virus like influenza! Please be aware that every protocol listed calls for dietary standard essential oils.
Immediate actions to get the virus under control:
• Make 00 size gel capsules of 9 drops CW Cold & Flu Ease Blend. Then take the capsules every 3 hours. If possible, start this protocol as soon as you notice symptoms. After 3 days switch up your oil selection, read about how, why and collect more cold & flu recipes in this blog post. Now available, CW Cold & Flu Ease Salve, when you don't want to take EOs internally or need an anti-viral protocol for the kiddos.
• Gargle twice daily with 4 drops CW Cold & Flu Ease Blend in a shot glass of pure water. After gargling for 5 minutes, swallow the blend. Gargling is a forgotten remedy but still very effective, especially for a sore throat which is a common symptom of the flu! The Japanese are great about this, believing it cleans the throat.
Actions to take immediately to prevent spreading:
• Diffuse the air that you're working, living and sleeping in. If you are suffering from symptoms, consider oils and blends that will help. If you are trying to quarantine areas and need healthy air, diffuse CW Lavender Thieves Blend. CW Airway Respiratory Blend is also excellent and very refreshing for everyone to breathe in.
For the kiddos:
• Generally kids can't take EOs internally via capsule so instead, use appropriate oils on the bottoms of their feet and topically on chest when needed. I always suggest using CW Naked Salve or Dirty Salve with Frankincense as a carrier, it's healthy and antibacterial in its own right and it will keep our potent EOs from irritating baby skin.
The big guns! Aggressive protocols for those with weakened immune systems, a very aggressive virus, times of pandemics, etc:
• Oil pull daily with 1 tablespoon ORGANIC, unrefined virgin coconut oil, 2 drops Oregano, and 2 drops Melaleuca. Pull for about 15 to 20 minutes then spit the oil out in the garbage because it's going to be full of garbage! Now brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth. Yes, this oil pulling blend may be HOT. If it’s too hot, reduce the Oregano to 1 drop and add a drop of Lemon to substitute that drop.
• Add a drop of Lemon and Peppermint together or separately as per your preference in your filtered drinking water and drink it often. Staying hydrated is an important part of assuring the oils work effectively in our bodies.
• Consider other protocols for specific symptoms. CW Airway Respiratory Blend to the chest, neck and back for respiratory issues, CW Digest Blend (add Frankincense for inflammation if possible) for nausea or other digestive problems. 1 drop each Cinnamon and Lime as a gargle for sore throats, it's pretty darn effective.
• In cases where there is obvious inflammation to the bronchial tubes including cracking or popping sounds while breathing from the chest, consider a rectal implant. 3 drops Oregano, 3 drops Frankincense, and 3 drops Thyme in a capsule. Lubricate with organic virgin coconut oil then insert rectally. At least twice daily. It is not pleasant, but highly effective and the quickest way to the lungs. (Dr. David Hill protocol).
• Eat healthy! Eating mostly raw foods is helpful, particularly juicing.
• Get plenty of rest, exercise, and fresh air where possible.
Stay well, take precautions with you where you wander like anti-viral hand sanitizers and teach your kids and kin how to use them and why it's so important. None of that commercial stuff ok? A .99 bottle of cheap hand sanitizer at the dollar store is likely to contain Triclosan:
"Studies indicate that use of triclosan provides a suitable environment for the emergence of antimicrobial drug-resistant bacteria, even at the low concentrations found in many FDA-regulated products and cosmetics. Because triclosan’s mode of action and target site in bacteria are similar to those of antibiotics, there are concerns that bacteria that become resistant to triclosan will also become resistant to antibiotics. A 2010 report by the European Commission’s Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety determined that even low concentrations of triclosan can trigger antibiotic resistance in bacteria."
Be sure to use coupon code: campwander at checkout to save 10% shop wide and receive FREE shipping in the USA!