5 Benefits of a Mini Detox Foot Soak
February 04, 201434 Comments
- To get started, you'll need something large enough for both your feet and deep enough that the water reaches your ankles. I've been using a large foil roasting pan that I found in the pantry, tres chic!
- Keep a bath towel under your water bath just in case, it will come in handy when you step out of the water.
- Fill container with water that's hot enough without burning your skin, very warm water is needed for a good detox.
- Just an option, you can add 1 teaspoon of liquid soap.
- Add 1/2 cup of epsom salts or, magnesium chloride flakes - a little more expensive than epsom salts but better in my opinion.
- Stir to dissolve with a wooden spoon.
- Add 10 drops of pure essential oils. Keep in mind a detox soak can tackle multiple issues like toenail fungus or athlete's foot depending on the oil you add. Anti-fungal EOs like Melaleuca, Oregano, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli and Geranium are all great add-ins!
- If you dry brush, do so before soaking your feet. This step will help get rid of dead skin and open up pores.
- Ease your feet into the very, very warm water and close your eyes. Oh my goodness, heavenly! Relax and renew for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove your feet and pat dry. If it's close to bedtime, this would be a great time to apply Dreamy Sleep Salve to your feet.
FYI: By adding a tablespoon of bentonite clay to the Mini Detoxing Foot Soak you can eliminate chlorine in the water.
See the entire line of Camp Wander Therapeutic Essential Oils, Salves, Serums and more in the CW Shop! FREE shipping in the USA, no minimum!