All Purpose Healing Salve was first introduced on the blog as a Mother's Day post in 2012: DIY Skin Care for Gardeners. It's become pretty popular over the years, and people say wonderful things about what it does but I still think I love it the most! My simple All Purpose Healing Salve is soon to go retail so I decided to publish a snappier blog post with a new photo, I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Don't worry, I'll keep sharing the recipe if you keep making it :-) Take a few notes and gather what your supplies because I can almost promise you that once you experience what All Purpose Healing Salve is capable of you won't want to be without it. If I had to choose one all purpose skin care product, this workhorse of a salve is it. The organic ingredients are moisturizing, anti-microbial, gentle enough for baby, healing and best of all, SIMPLE! Simple ingredients, simple to make.
All Purpose Healing Salve
Anti-microbial moisturizing salve. Use on cuts, burns, bruises, scrapes, eczema, itching skin and for diaper rash.
- 1 cup organic solid coconut oil - I use Gold Label by Tropical Traditions
- 1 cup organic olive oil
- 4 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin e oil
- PER 4oz JAR add the following amounts:
- 10 drops pure CW Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops pure CW Melaleuca essential oil
- 6 drops pure CW Lemon essential oil
- Four - 4 oz glass mason jars
- For convenience and easy pouring, use a glass Pyrex measuring bowl with a spout and handle for melting coconut and olive oils, set it inside a deep saucepan with 3 inches hot water. On low heat, slowly heat the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax. Melt slowly, be careful not to let any water splash into the oils, this could cause mold issues. Stir occasionally to keep the beeswax melting in.
- When the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax have melted completely, add vitamin e oil and stir gently.
- Prepare jars by adding lavender, melaleuca and lemon essential oils to the bottom of each clean glass jar. Pour melted oils over the essential oils, no need to stir but you can if you must!
- Fill 1/4 inch from the top of each jar, cover with a paper towel and let sit at least 6 hours until solid. Seal snugly with lid.
- Shelf life of All Purpose Healing Salve is approximately 4 to 6 months without vitamin e oil added (preservative). With vitamin e, approximately 6 to 8 months.
- Remember, coconut oil will melt at 76 degrees, store in a dark, cool place for best results.
Solid organic coconut oil is a natural moisturizer, it's antibacterial and extremely good for your skin. It's also the only source of lauric acid outside of mother's milk. Organic Olive oil has antioxidants including hydroxytyrosol with anti-inflammatory properties. Pure Lavender essential oil is an incredible healer for the skin, it's anti-microbial with special properties that aid in tissue restoration. Pure Lemon essential oil cleanses and disinfects and Melaleuca checks in as a strong antimicrobial for wound care due to it's anti-viral properties. Use only the cleanest and purest ingredients for All Purpose Healing Salve, I can't stress this point enough. If you scrimp on quality ingredients, your salve will suffer and your efforts will be wasted on a mediocre product.
What can you do with this salve you ask? Sanitize and moisturize! Keep your heels velvety soft this summer by applying All Purpose Healing Salve every night. It makes a GREAT diaper rash salve. Soothes dry itching skin that may be allergy related. Super for sunburned noses of the canine persuasion! Word to the wise, because this salve has Lemon in it, you're skin will be more vulnerable to sunburn if you go out in the sun after applying, wait 8 hrs to be safe. Wound care to protect against superbugs. Pure essential oils are very sophisticated in preventing antibiotic resistance than synthetic antibiotics because of their almost 500 chemical constituents vs prescription antibiotics 7 or 8. And, because every growing year is different due to weather, drought, pests, stress or too much water the chemical constituents of essential oils will adjust as a result. Mother Nature can outsmart a lab any day of the week. Note to the Wise! It’s easy to double the recipe if you’re making gifts! A small jar of salve is a gift that keeps on giving. Purchase some lip balm pots or tins and fill with salve to keep in your purse or backpack. Be sure to share, everyone can benefit from an all natural healing salve, it’s just a nice thing to do! I'm pleased to finally offer Camp Wander All Purpose Healing Salve to those of you who don't have the time or the motivation to make your own! Rest assured my salves are made with only the purest ingredients including organic, hand processed coconut, organic oil olive, beeswax, non-GMO vitamin e and the purest essential oils that my family and myself use every day. I like to say that my salves are so pure they're edible, because they are!
Save 10% everyday on every item in the CW Shop with coupon code: campwander at checkout. FREE shipping USA, always!